Monday, November 1, 2010

PIRACY- IT'S NOT FOR ME

Okay, it may seem uncool, I have never downloaded music for free. I choose to purchase my music through FYE or just listen to it on the radio. I don't feel comfortable with the idea of taking something from someone without their consent.

I have had many friends say that they download from places like Limewire for free and many of them have great selections of music. I can see why they are tempted to do it, because it's a faceless crime against people who have so much. Some of them don't even realize it is against the law. If you watch MTV cribs, it doesn't seem as though taking a song is the same as breaking into someone's home and stealing from them. So, for the people taking the music illegally, it seems like a win-win unless they get caught.

I was raised to believe that no sin is better or worse than the next. Stealing something even if it is small or comes from someone that has more than you doesn't make it right.

I am not passing judgment on others for their choices. That is their business. I just know that it is the wrong choice for me. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment