Wednesday, November 10, 2010

DO TVs BELONG IN CHILDREN'S BEDROOMS?


This is a decision that needs to be made with their child's best interest at heart. It isn't easy to not allow something that most parents are allowing, but each parent needs to base their decision on their morals and there child's individual personality.

Many parents are using televisions as babysitters. But, if you really sat and took a look at the morals being shown to your child on the television, would you pay a sitter and have them in your home day after day if they exposed your child to what mainstream television does? I would hope not.
Still, I don't disagree with a child having their own television if the proper precautions are put in place. I strongly disagree with a child having unrestricted access to television, but I don't believe there is anything wrong with a removable DVD player or video game that can be used for an hour a day if your child accomplishes their daily activities and chooses to have a friend over to share a movie or a game. 

Again, I think that each child is different and every family needs to decide what works best for them. I am not sure if when I have a child, I will allow a television in their bedroom or not. However, I do know that I will monitor the media that I allow my child to access.

No comments:

Post a Comment